If you’ve been curious about becoming a LipSense Distributor, you’ve come to the right place (you can also learn more on my Career page here). I LOVE helping others get started in this business, I have a large team of over 70 women who I support in my super organized private Facebook training group, I’ve earned the car and trips, I have a lot of training in how to use social media to market these awesome products, and I’d love to teach you how to do the same 🙂
It is no secret that becoming a LipSense Distributor has been one of the most fun things I’ve ever done (watch more about why I started my business Lips by Nic here). I never thought I would be my own boss, but after stumbling across this incredible opportunity I am so grateful and want to make the option to become your own boss easy and accessible to you too!
This lipstick biz is too good to keep a secret, so here I am sharing everything you need to know to become a #bossbabe LipSense Distributor. Plus, I’ve been in education for many years and as a teacher at heart, I’ve put together easy to understand training guides and checklists to help you get YOUR business up and running easily and efficiently. The company also has incredible resources for you to use as well!
This “job” is incredible and the best part is, it is accessible to anyone who wants to do it. This company is growing very quickly and 2017 is THE time to join. I’m going to walk you through who can join, the perks, what being a distributor entails, FAQ, and how to sign up.
You can learn everything you need to know about being a LipSense Distributor right here so get comfy, grab a pen, and start thinking about what you want YOUR business name to be 🙂
Who can become a LipSense Distributor?
If you love makeup, want a part-time or even full-time income, and are looking for a chance to set your own schedule and run a business YOUR way, becoming a LipSense Distributor is for you.
Maybe you are a stay at home mom looking to work from home while being able to care for your children. Maybe you’re a full-time professional looking for an added income. Maybe you are already involved in network marketing but looking for a new opportunity. Maybe you are a salon owner or someone already in the beauty industry looking for an amazing added retail selection for your clients (the potential for success for you is huge by the way!) Or maybe you are like me and looking for a way to have fun while giving back (read about how Lips by Nic gives back to charity here).
*must be at least 18 years of age residing in the US, Canada, Australia, or UK
This company (SeneGence) is still ground level; as of April 2016 there were around 35,000 distributors in the US. (For reference, Mary Kay has over 2 million consultants and Avon has over 5 million consultants worldwide). This means you get to be at the beginning stages of this incredible company! (**Update: as of April 2017 there are around 150,000 distributors – SeneGence is still ground level but is in the momentum phase aka the period of time where companies experience incredible growth and distributors reap the benefits!)
Look at how many states barely have any distributors at all! You could be one of the first women in your town to be a LipSense Distributor.
What are the perks of becoming a LipSense Distributor?
There are so many benefits to being a LipSense Distributor. Here are some that you can look forward to:
- Incredible discount: You get 20-50% off every single order, including all LipSense colors, glosses, eyeshadows, skincare – any resaleable product that SeneGence offers, you get for 20 to 50% off when you are a distributor. Who doesn’t want to save on makeup?!
- Trips: LipSense distributors are able to earn various trips around the world through the LIPS and SeneStar contests. These incentives are optional, but totally motivating and generous.
- SeneCar: LipSense distributors can also work towards earning car leases in the SeneGence blue shade! If this is one of your goals, I’ll give you all the details you need to work towards it – I earned mine!
- Chance to wear gorgeous makeup!: As a distributor, you are the first to learn about new products and LipSense colors. With your generous discount, you get to wear this beautiful line and become a walking advertisement! Be prepared: people WILL stop you to compliment your lip color 🙂
- Set your own schedule and be your own boss: By having your own LipSense business, you get to choose where, when, and how you work.
- Access to tons of training and support: I have created cheat sheets and tools I share with my team so that you can easily get started running your own business. You get access to a back office filled with training materials, and if there is a question about anything, there is a video that an experienced distributor has made to help you.
- New friends!: In addition to the friendships you can make with fellow distributors, you have the opportunity to meet new customers, reconnect with old friends as you share your new passion, and enjoy a new sisterhood.
What do I do once I’m a Distributor for LipSense?
When you become a LipSense Distributor, you are an independent distributor, not an employee of SeneGence. You become a #bossbabe and run your business how you choose.
As a LipSense Distributor, you market the amazing products, fulfill orders for your customers, teach others about the products and how to use them, and share the career opportunity with those who are interested in the business side.
You have many options in how you choose to market LipSense.
You can use social media (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube) to show off the products and interact with customers. You can do in-person demonstrations, parties, or events where you bring your tester colors and teach others how to apply the color. You can tell people about the product through word of mouth, or you can do a combination of the above suggestions!
How Do I Sign Up?
If you are in the US, Canada, or Australia please follow the instructions below; if you are in the U.K. message me directly and I’ll walk you through the quick and easy steps 🙂 I am available to answer questions by phone or e-mail as well!
- Click here, select the appropriate country from the drop down menu, and select Individual Account.
- Fill out your first and last name, along with other required information.
- Select New Distributor. Submit payment, and you are all set! I will reach out to you to help you get started 🙂
Lipsense Distributor FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
How do I make an income? There are two ways to make an income: through sales which allows for immediate profits, or through building a team (read more here).
Does it cost a lot to start? Not at all! It is $55 plus tax/shipping to become a distributor. You are not required to buy product or a starter kit upon joining. You may take orders from your customers and then order the product, or you may place a product order initially and sell from your “store”.
Do I have to order every month? There are no monthly ordering requirements or minimums. To remain an active LipSense Distributor, you must have placed orders totaling 100PV $200 retail) during a 6 month period. There are some incredible incentives such as a Car program and trips that come with achieving certain PV (point value) numbers.
Does it take up a lot of space? No! Another one of my favorite parts. I have one small box that holds my business cards and packaging, another box that holds my supplies for demonstrations or events, and a makeup case that holds my testers and inventory. You actually can even run your business without having any supplies AT ALL by using the Customer Direct Ordering program available through the company, where the company fulfills and mails out orders for you.
How many hours does this require? When you are your own boss, you can spend as much or as little time as you’d like. Some days might be more time consuming, some less, and this varies for every person but I spend about 10 hours a week on my lipstick business. Like any successful endeavor, you get what you put into it.
I don’t have the time to create a Facebook group and all of this marketing stuff – can I still join? Yes! There are many different ways to market your business. Some distributors for LipSense prefer to do in-person demonstrations and parties and shy away from social media; other distributors (like me!) prefer to utilize social media outlets and customer referrals to generate business. You can do a combination of the above, or make up your own path to success! For those who want to know more about how to use social media, I have easy to understand trainings to share with you, and even a sample Facebook group template you may use to help get started.
Thanks for letting me tell you more about this fun opportunity! Please feel free to contact me with any questions, and I look forward to helping you get started as a LipSense distributor. – Nicole