Using your new LipSense is easy once you get the hang of it!
Watch the quick videos by clicking above to learn exactly how to apply your beautiful lip color and gloss, and how to remove them! Then, read below to learn tips and tricks to ensure your color lasts all day long 🙂
- Start with clean/dry lips (remove any product you might already have on) and shake LipSense tube
- Wipe excess color off from the applicator – this is a very important step so that you can get a nice THIN layer of color, which is KEY for long-lasting goodness 🙂 THIN layers
- With lips open/parted throughout this process, start at the corner of top lip and swipe wand in one motion across to the other corner, and then repeat on bottom lip. You can also start from the middle and paint outwards, totally up to you.
- If you have full lips, this might mean a layer near the outside of your lips and a layer closer to the inside of your lips to cover everything
- Do not swipe back and forth – this will remove the color and we don’t want that! Just one swipe across so that the color has a chance to dry properly 🙂
- Let color dry for 10 seconds keeping lips parted, and then repeat process for a totoal of 3 layers.
- Once third layer is dry (wait maybe 15 seconds), apply gloss. You apply gloss like any regular gloss product; you can swipe back and forth, you can smack your lips together, etc. DON’T skip the gloss! LipSense is a 2 part process and the color needs the gloss to be as long-wearing as it promises, and your lips will LOVE the moisture it provides.
- LipSense will lasts 4 to 18 hours – this depends on how hydrated you are, if you are glossing too much/too little, etc. Play around with this – I gloss before or after I eat and occasionally if I want some extra shine.
- To remove: Dip the wand into the Ooops! Remover, and gently swipe the applicator on the area of color you wish to erase, and wipe clean with a tissue or wash cloth.
Tips and Tricks:
- Your lips might tingle the first few times you apply LipSense. LipSense contains cosmetic grade alcohol to kill bacteria (a good thing!) and when this touches dry lips (our lips are always drier than we think) you might feel it at first. This should disappear once you start wearing your new lip color and gloss a few times – that is how moisturizing LipSense is!
- LipSense is an amazing wax free product, which means it gives your lips a chance to BREATHE. Other lipsticks/chapsticks can leave a thin wax coating on our lips, so the absence of wax means your lips can naturally exfoliate. If you notice your lips exfoliating after using LipSense, this is a GOOD THING….give it a few days, use your gloss or a product that will add MOISTURE to your lips (ditch the chapstick!!), and you should see your lips become softer than ever 🙂
- Never leave LipSense in a hot car 🙂
- Make sure to apply VERY THIN layers – wipe off excess color off wand onto tube. Thin layers is key to long lasting color.
- Keep your gloss with you to freshen up throughout the day; there are 10 pretty shades to choose from if you want to mix it up!
- For extra soft lips, wear your gloss overnight OR ask me about my faves – the Lip Volumizer and Lip Balm
- Did you know you can layer LipSense colors to make custom shades? Try it – endless fun!
- You can also use ShadowSense on lips, you can use BlushSense on lips, you can blend BlushSense with LipSense to make custom shades – you’re welcome 🙂
Science Behind the Product:
Layering LipSense is a must due to the fact the color breaks down with the pH balance of the skin. There is a scientific REASON behind why we apply 3 layers 🙂
1st layer: touches the skin’s pH and will begin to break down first and fastest.
2nd layer: protected from the bottom, away from the skin’s pH, by the first layer.
3rd layer: protects the second layer from the top down and prevents sheering of second
layer of color by keeping away friction, saliva, and the natural environment. The third layer breaks down just like the first layer, but from the top down. The second layer is sandwiched between the first and third and is protected by both for the longest period of use.
Shea butter, a natural ingredient is used as the key ingredient for the many textures of
LipSense Glosses. The moisturizing properties are delivered to the delicate lip tissue while the synthetic beeswax (Vegan product!) seals the moisture in and helps to prevent moisture loss throughout the day.
Ooops! Remover is formulated to gently remove the patented long-lasting color technology. It is to be used both as a remover after the color technology has been on the skin for a number of hours, and as an instant mistake corrector. Ooops! works as unbinder for the color technology. The color technology molecularly binds to the skin. Ooops! lifts the color technology from skin so it may be removed with a warm, damp wash cloth.
Questions? Send me a message anytime!